Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Amy #1"
13"x20"

Finally picked up my pastels after a year and painted this picture of my friend, Amy, whom you might recognize from the previously posted works of "Sunflower Sundress" and "Red Suit" (although she's pictured from the back in that piece.....so maybe not... :) ). It is such a different medium from watercolor and fluid acrylic that I had to re-orient myself and bumbled around for many hours before getting back into the swing of things. And talk about messy!! The dustbuster had a real work out.

Amy makes a great model and I look forward to doing more with her. Sure beats.........uh......I was going to say "dead flowers" but thought better of it. I actually like flowers dead or not and must try my hand.......oh wait......I did!! I actually bought a watercolor dvd by Shirley Trevena and loved it. Jumped online to purchase some sticks and oil pastels and, along with my watercolor, went for it!! And my favorite tip: the credit card!!!

Untitled experiment